5″ Stickers – Set of 3
Color data values – like hue, value, chroma and LRV – are a capture of a color’s energy. Harmony comes from color relationships based on an alignment of that energy. What makes the CSCW special is that it translates those color data values into an at-a-glance mappable format. Which means anyone can figure out what colors go together. This is especially helpful for neutral colors that don’t appear to have a discernible hue.
- Use LCh hue angle degrees on the outside of the color wheel to determine a color’s hue family or use the Munsell hue family notations on the inside.
- These color wheels work flawlessly in tandem with ALL ultra-portable color measurement devices: Color Muse, Spectro 1 Pro, NIX Mini 2, NIX Sensor, NIX Pro 2, ColorReader, ColorReader Pro
- Professionally color managed to match Munsell hues.
- Durable. Made of sturdy medium weight vinyl – feels substantial in your hand. Can leave the backing on or peel it off and use as stickers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Online color representations only approximate actual colors due to monitor/device color rendering capability.
How it Works:
• Degrees on outside of color wheel = h from CIE LCh (ab) – h is for hue. Where do you find the h value? LCh color data values are displayed in your color measurement device’s app. Can also find it listed in the data values for paint colors on the easyrRGB.com website.
• There are 10 Hue Families on the inside of the color wheel:
R = Red, YR = Yellow-Red, Y = Yellow, GY = Green-Yellow, G = Green,
BG = Blue-Green, B = Blue, PB = Purple-Blue, P = Purple, RP = Red-Purple
• Each Hue Family Sector is broken down into 10 units:
Example: 1R, 2R, 3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, 7R, 8R, 9R, 10R
• Hue family is determined by the dominant wavelength of a color
• Hue family notation tells you how a color appears under a color of illumination called D65
• D65 is an illuminant that replicates indirect daylight around noon
If the color looks different from its hue family designation, then you know the light source you’re viewing the color under isn’t balanced. And you proceed accordingly, like try colors with a different h – in other words a color from a different hue family that syncs up better with the inherent light you have to work with.